|‹ June 2020 ›|
Analyzing School Staffing Allocations “Morning” Briefing
Tuesday, June 2, 2020 from 9:00 until 10:30 a.m. via Zoom.
The Metro Bureau and Munetrix invite you to attend this free Zoom webinar to discuss the three-legged stool as it relates to school staffing; compensation, longevity, and pupil-to-staff ratio. Utilizing statewide REP data and the Munetrix platform, peer analyses will be performed to study how various school districts have allocated staff by Job Function. Participants will be encouraged to share their examples and questions in an interactive discussion.
District Provided Professional Development and SCECH Resources
from the Center for Health and Community Impact at Wayne State University
April 24, 2020
Joint Meeting of the Council of Chief Negotiators and the Council for Academic Leadership (CCN/CAL) You must be logged in to view this information.
April 9, 2020 Webinar
Presented by the Metro Bureau and Lusk Albertson
Effectively Navigating Executive Order 2020-35
- Q&A - Effectively Navigating E.O. 2020-35
- Seminar Recording (Want to find a specific topic within the recorded webinar? Use our Webinar Index to find it fast!)
- SCECHs Form
- Good Faith Plan For Instructional Access and Delivery of FAPE Form
- Executive Order 2020-41 Takes Notarization Digital
Other Coronavirus Resources
- Impact of COVID-19 School Closure on Educator Evaluation–Memo #COVID-19-054
- Executive Order 2020-35 Changed to 2020-65 - Courtesy of Collins & Blaha, P.C.
- Executive Order 2020-65 and New Year-End Evaluation Requirement - Courtesy of Collins & Blaha, P.C.
- U.S. Department of Transportation - Waiver in Response to the COVID-19 Emergency –For States, CDL Holders, CLP Holders, and Interstate Drivers Operating Commercial Motor Vehicles
- CDC - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- US Department of State - Travel Advisories
- Interim Guidance for Administrators of US Childcare Programs and K-12 Schools to Plan, Prepare, and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers: Coronavirus Disease-2019 (COVID-19) and Children
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- MDE/MDHHS COVID-19 Updated Guidance
- MSPRA Toolkit for Communicating About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for School Leaders
Solutions & Tools
- Barton Malow - Return-to-School Solutions including Barriers & Screens, Temperature Scanning, QR Readers.
- Pandemic Preparedness provided by Gallagher - An information hub for HR and Benefits, Insurance and Risk Management, and Coverages and Claims Information and much more.
- Signal Restoration Services - Mold, Bacteria, Virus and Chemical Decontamination Services
Legislative Updates - January 2019
provided by Collins & Blaha, P.C.
Guide To Public Sector Labor Relations
While the information presented in this area of our website is about legal issues, it is not Intended as legal advice or as a substitute for the particularized advice of your own counsel. Anyone seeking specific legal advice or assistance should retain an attorney. These documents reflect general legal standards for the related presentations.
Investigative Reports and the Duty to Disclose
-Outline Presented to Metro Bureau Board of Directors on October 11, 2019 by Collins & Blaha, P.C.
Districts Must Adopt Policy Prohibiting Abortion Referrals or Advice by October 1, 2019 -Outline Presented to Metro Bureau Board of Directors on September 13, 2019 by Collins & Blaha, P.C.
Board Ratification Date Should Be The Efffective Date Of A New Agreement by Collins & Blaha, P.C.
MICHIGAN OPEN CARRY
Ann Arbor Public Schools, et al v Michigan Gun Owners, Inc., et al
Outline Presentation to Metro Bureau Board of Directors on August 10, 2018 by Collins & Blaha, P.C.
Open Carry At Polling Places
Outline Presentation to Metro Bureau Board of Directors on September 14, 2018 by Collins & Blaha, P.C.
REQUIRED BY MICHIGAN LAW
Provided by Collins & Blaha, P.C.
The chart below provides examples of statutes that require a school board to adopt a policy, plan, or form under MIchigan law. Michigan law may also allow for permissive policies not contained in this chart. Additional policies may also be required by Federal Law.
Michigan Teacher and Tenure - Probationary Teachers Advisory
presented by William J. Blaha - at the June 9, 2017 Metro Bureau Board Meeting
Client Alert: The Sixth Circuit Reaffirms the "Less Burdensome" Standard for Adverse Actions in Retaliation Claims and Upholds Punitive Damages Against Employer
Client Alert: DOL Issues Final Overtime Rule Increasing the White-Collar Employee Salary Threshold - Employers Have Until January 1, 2020 to Change Payroll Practice
Marijuana Legalization and What it means for Employers
Drug Free Policy Considerations-January 2019
George P. Butler, III and Aaron V. Burrell of Dickinson Wright, PLLC
Click image to view
What Employers Need to Know About Employee Marijuana Use Under Proposal 1
a Client Alert From Dickinson Wright
Documents shared by presenters of the September 25, 2019 seminar on GASB 84.
Legal Implications of GASB 84 and Lawful Expenditures by Michigan Public School Districts and Attachments A-F