|‹ March 2020 ›|
from the Center for Health and Community Impact at Wayne State University
- U.S. Department of Transportation - Waiver in Response to the COVID-19 Emergency –For States, CDL Holders, CLP Holders, and Interstate Drivers Operating Commercial Motor Vehicles
- CDC - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- US Department of State - Travel Advisories
- Interim Guidance for Administrators of US Childcare Programs and K-12 Schools to Plan, Prepare, and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers: Coronavirus Disease-2019 (COVID-19) and Children
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- MDE/MDHHS COVID-19 Updated Guidance
- MSPRA Toolkit for Communicating About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for School Leaders
- Signal Restoration Services - Mold, Bacteria, Virus and Chemical Decontamination Services
Legislative Updates - January 2019
provided by Collins & Blaha, P.C.
Guide To Public Sector Labor Relations
While the information presented in this area of our website is about legal issues, it is not Intended as legal advice or as a substitute for the particularized advice of your own counsel. Anyone seeking specific legal advice or assistance should retain an attorney. These documents reflect general legal standards for the related presentations.
Investigative Reports and the Duty to Disclose
-Outline Presented to Metro Bureau Board of Directors on October 11, 2019 by Collins & Blaha, P.C.
Districts Must Adopt Policy Prohibiting Abortion Referrals or Advice by October 1, 2019 -Outline Presented to Metro Bureau Board of Directors on September 13, 2019 by Collins & Blaha, P.C.
Board Ratification Date Shoul Be The Efffective Date Of A New Agreement by Collins & Blaha, P.C.
MICHIGAN OPEN CARRY
Ann Arbor Public Schools, et al v Michigan Gun Owners, Inc., et al
Outline Presentation to Metro Bureau Board of Directors on August 10, 2018 by Collins & Blaha, P.C.
Open Carry At Polling Places
Outline Presentation to Metro Bureau Board of Directors on September 14, 2018 by Collins & Blaha, P.C.
REQUIRED BY MICHIGAN LAW
Provided by Collins & Blaha, P.C.
The chart below provides examples of statutes that require a school board to adopt a policy, plan, or form under MIchigan law. Michigan law may also allow for permissive policies not contained in this chart. Additional policies may also be required by Federal Law.
Michigan Teacher and Tenure - Probationary Teachers Advisory
presented by William J. Blaha - at the June 9, 2017 Metro Bureau Board Meeting
Client Alert: The Sixth Circuit Reaffirms the "Less Burdensome" Standard for Adverse Actions in Retaliation Claims and Upholds Punitive Damages Against Employer
Client Alert: DOL Issues Final Overtime Rule Increasing the White-Collar Employee Salary Threshold - Employers Have Until January 1, 2020 to Change Payroll Practice
Marijuana Legalization and What it means for Employers
Drug Free Policy Considerations-January 2019
George P. Butler, III and Aaron V. Burrell of Dickinson Wright, PLLC
Click image to view
What Employers Need to Know About Employee Marijuana Use Under Proposal 1
a Client Alert From Dickinson Wright
Documents shared by presenters of the September 25, 2019 seminar on GASB 84.
Legal Implications of GASB 84 and Lawful Expenditures by Michigan Public School Districts and Attachments A-F